Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Introducing the Mrs.

Well hello! I don't really know how to blog, but I guess I'll just start.
I'm banking on my sister's popularity to get me a few readers!
So there are 143 days until my wedding. And as much as I am trying not to let this whole wedding thing define me right now, it is pretty much consuming me. Here's what I know so far...
My fiance had already booked the church and the reception hall before he asked me to marry him, so that's taken care of.
We will have a full Catholic ceremony that starts at 2:00. It should last about an hour to an hour and a half. I like that about Catholic ceremonies, I don't want my year of planning to be over in 7 minutes. (Seriously, one of my friend's wedding lasted 7 minutes.) I haven't picked any readings or songs yet. I need to get on that.
The reception site includes the booze, food, linens, and cake. So while I still have to decide on the details of all that, at least it's all in one place. For booze, let's just say no one will be thirsty. Or sober. We will have not one, not three, not five, but six hours of open bar. Yeeowza! Not to mention the served wine during dinner. I assume there will be non-alcoholic drinks but I haven't really asked about that. For the food, first there will be passed hor derves (how the heck do you spell that!) and then a served salad. Then we are going to do serving stations, which I am pretty sure it's a buffet line with a fancy name. We will have some some sort of chicken, some sort of carved beef, some type of fish, and a pasta station for my two vegetarian friends- and my carb loving sister.
My florist is wonderful and I am not quite believing what all we are doing with the "flowers." And by flowers I mean a 15 foot Christmas tree in the entry way (did I mention I am getting married in December?), two ten foot Chrsitams trees by the stage, three different types of centerpieces, big drapey things for over the wall sconces, and who knows what else. Oh yea, there is a "complimentary" bathroom arrangement. That's pretty big of them, considering the gamillions I am going to be forking over for everything else!
The photographer is taken care of. He is a lovely guy who takes nice looking pictures. That's about all I know at this point.
My dress is stunning (of course) and not here yet. I ordered it in March or April and they told me up to 5 months.
Okay, I must have more done than I thought, because this is getting a little long and I still have lots to tell you! I'll save it for later, since I am not sure what else to blog about.

4 comments:

John Deere Mom said...

Fart!! Yay for blogging! Now, the first thing you need to do (you know this would happen, right? I would start telling you what to do?!) Go to Customize, Comments, and make your comments a pop-up window. That way the people writing comments can refer back to your post as they comment. K?! Oh, and I love your labels.

Anonymous said...

Hey, JDM! I did not realize that about the comments...I hope mine are right. I hate when I can't comment and see the post at the same time!

STBLM-Looks like you catch on quickly! You're doing great :) I recommend reading other blogs a bunch to get the hang of things. Be yourself, and have fun :)

Finding Normal said...

Yay for another G girl I can stalk (I work with Ang and wish I were part of your crazy fam!) I hear a lot about this magical wedding already, but I look forward to hearing it all from the bride!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the land of the BLOG, LOL And congratulations on your upcoming wedding...uh, open bar that lasts how long? I realize we haven't met, but...I promise to bring a lovely gift if I get an invite;) LOL