Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekly Update

Hello patiently waiting readers! I mean, hi mom and Deb. =)

I have felt extremely busy, but I am not quite sure what I have been up to. Let's try to do a recap.

Since my last post, Joe and I ate all the pie. You may have thought I would have to be in the hospital since this time with the sugar diabetes, but we managed to stay out of a coma.

Last Friday, I went down to babysit for my favorite rug rats. I got to meet the famous Jesus Fandango Rodrigo Luiz Ortega, who is just a little bit funnier and cuter than the pictures. I also got to see my folks, and we got a cute picture from the top of a hay wagon.




Please note my crown. Little Miss put that on me when I first got there. And she TOTALLY forced me to where it all night. Seriously, I hate being a princess.


Saturday, Joe's parents came up to the Fort. They were our first overnight visitors. They even slept on an air mattress!! We are that awesome. Mimi brought us a present! In a Crate and Barrel box! My favorite kind! (Well, expect for presents that come in pretty little velvet lined boxes.) So she got us the green charges we registered for. They are so pretty!


It's hard to get a good picture, but the very pretty dessert plate on top is what my mom got me! I can't wait for my shower! Keep the Crate and Barrel boxes a'comin!

Back to the update... I had unexpectedly been given the chance to go to a conference in Chicago so Sunday night I packed up and drove to Chicago. I pretty much ditched all the conference sponsored socializing events and went about my way in Chicago. I ate at my favorite pizza place and got to poke around the Magnificent Mile.

I have since been working entirely too much. I thought this whole work from home thing was going to be a piece of cake, but goodness sakes- it is easy to get sucked into work till 10pm when it is in your living room.

This last weekend Joe and I went to a state park about 20 minutes from our house. It has 11 small lakes formed by a glacier, and 8 are connected by little channels. Joe and I hiked for 3 hours on Sunday!! Ugh! My butt is still sore. But it was nice. It is so shaded that it wasn't even too bad to walk that long in 80 degree weather. We are going to try to kayak through all 8 lakes at some point, but I think we will wait till it is cooler. I don't think there is too much shade in the middle of a lake.

Welp, I must be off (to work). I must start blogging more regularly. It is harder to even write one when you haven't for so long. So I make this promise to you, I will stop working so much and start blogging!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the update ! I saw where the green chargers were no longer available online ! I was sad for you , but now! woohoo that was nice of the Dr's parents.
You must remember that you did not work until 10 while at the office, so turn that laptop off at 5:00pm, just because you are working from home does not mean 24/24 lol.
You do TOO love being a Princess, as well as a wide eyed innocent ; )

Anonymous said...

OO nice plates!! and lovely crown!!

Finding Normal said...

Love the plates. Love the crown. Although I don't doubt Claire's bossiness in putting the crown on your head and keeping it there, I somehow think maybe Aunt Susie enjoyed it a little too much. Did you sneak off with the crown?

Work less. Blog more. That's why my kitchen is a mess and there's a load of laundry from last night still in the dryer.

And I cannot believe you ate all that pie!

Anonymous said...

You know John Deere Mom in real life? Lucky.

LOVE the plates and the crown!

John Deere Mom said...

You ARE lucky.