Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I heart Fort Wayne

I have been delinquent in my blogging, but I think this story is worth a week's worth! This is an excerpt from the Fort Wayne news.

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - A Fort Wayne man was arrested Monday for felony Public Indecency after police saw him standing naked in the window of his home.
Around 10:30 p.m. Monday evening, a Fort Wayne officer was driving in the 4500 block of S. Hanna St. when he noticed a naked man standing in front of a large picture window of his home with his genital region clearly visible to those on the street.
According to the officer, the blinds were not pulled shut and the front door was wide open, giving a clear view inside the home.
Together, with another responding officer, the two walked up to the home and found the naked man, then on the couch, conducting a lewd act with a claw hammer, plastic bag and motor oil.
The man, Ronald Miller, did not acknowledge the officer's presence until they addressed him and still did not say anything.
Officers arrested Miller for felony Public Indecency, at which time Miller asked the officer for another chance. Officers declined and took Miller in double-locked handcuffs to the Allen County Lock-up instead.
Mr. Miller had a previous conviction for an unrelated public nudity incident.
A neighbor watching the scene, who wished to remain confidential, told police she had seen Miller walk around naked in his home with the front window and door open on several occasions. She said, "He does it 24/24. He's not right."
The neighbor also told police she doesn't appreciate that he walks around naked for all to see in her neighborhood.

Okay, so the hilarity about the claw hammer, plastic bag and motor oil is almost too much.

Until you read the comment by the neighbor who says he does it "24/24", you know, like 24 hours a day, 24 days a week.

How is it possible I live here?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening, with a Wal Mart baaggg, I'd hammer at the front door, I'd hammer in motor oil, I'd hammer til I loved my nosy neighbor, all over this laaaannnd.

Sounds like a guy who really LOVES his hand tools. LOL

John Deere Mom said...

I am so laughing out loud right now. Particularly about the 24/24 comment and your label. I'm still not sure I know how he made those 3 materials work for him. Maybe it's best I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Gives all new meaning to "Hammer time"

Finding Normal said...

OMG! That is so bizarre and disturbing! 24/24 might be the latest saying up in those parts, you never know! And I'm with Ang...what DOES one DO with those 3 items for pleasure?1?!?!

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

That is AWESOME.

And I just snorted over delberta's responses. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like it should be a nailed. er, I mean everything looks like a nail.