Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ayeayeaye

Seriously? Could I be any worse at blogging? I am really good at reading blogs, well, okay, I am really good at reading my sister's and her IRLBFF Deb's blog. (okay fart, I totally tried to link to your site, but it was not working!!) But I am totally sucky at commenting, blogging, anything active essentially.


However, since I am here and engaged (get it?!), let me give you a wedding update. Okay, so does looking at that little 37 days left make you throw up in your mouth a little? No? Just me? Okay, well, it totally freaks me out. Maybe that is why I am not blogging. It forces me to watch the second drop off, ever closer to December 6. I think what I am most afraid of is not planning anymore. I LOVE IT! I want to plan wedding for the rest of my life. I will have binders, and itineraries, and invitation proofs, and everything! So if there are any potential brides out there-call me!! I need a wedding to plan. I wish I had a friend who was getting married soon. I think I could prove myself. But in the meantime, I will relish in my own wedding planning.


So last I left you, was with my new shoes. Let's see...


I booked ceremony musicians. I finally contacted my old violin (fiddle!) instructor who told me she was available, plus a harpist and a flutist (flautist?) So the three of them will play during the ceremony. Won't that be so awesome?


And I also got the ornaments that I ordered for my favors. I begged and pleaded with my cousin to hand decorate them all, and she agreed. But since they have been in my house, I have found my crafty side and have been doing them myself. Please see below...

AH! I love them! The back has the date of our wedding. And I also got the little individual boxes that we will decorate and put under the Christmas tree in the entry way at the reception, so people can put their fun little ornament favors in their fun little boxes.

What else is going on? I am getting RSVPs in. I love that. I normally hate getting mail, but now I have to sit on my hands so I don't tackle the post-man. So far there are 115 people coming, 7 of those will be our mystery guests because they didn't put their name on the card nor did they put a return address on it. I think I will sit them at the "Idiots who didn't put their name on the card" table. =) It will certainly make the seating chart more interesting.

I have also had one of my two showers. It was co-hosted by my sister (thanks again, Fart!). it was lovely, and I got lots of good loot! I have the second shower next weekend. This is the in-law side. I am a little nervous, I am not sure I will know everyone! Oh well, thanks for coming always sounds good. The introductions to my family may get a little interesting...

Anyway, I think that is all the good stuff. And Joe is almost in with the mail! (Whoohoo). I will try to update more regularly.

6 comments:

Finding Normal said...

Yes, you do suck at keeping us updated! I need details, woman!
And I did throw up a little bit when I saw 37 days over there. And then I read that it makes you throw up a little and I laughed because I was so going to tell YOU that it made ME throw up. Get it?
Love those ornaments!
Have fun at your in-law shower. Perhaps you'll get some Crate and Barrel towels for $356.98. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL love the crate and barrel towel comment, she didn't fall for the "crate and barrel" stickers placed over the Kohls name on the boxes of towels some cheap arse got her.
The ornaments are lovely. I'm sure the in-laws shower will be super. What could possibly go wrong?

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of the idiots who didn't put their name on the RSVP table. Go with it. lol

Anonymous said...

You did a FABULOUS job on the ornaments, I love them!!

Finding Normal said...

Just had to stop by and look at the countdown. DON'T LOOK! Just look away. It won't help matters. ;) Hope all goes well, and that you will quickly forget anything that might not be perfect. I kept telling myself that the only things we REALLY needed at the wedding were Shawn, the priest, and me. The end.

Finding Normal said...

Great to see you last weekend. Was too busy chasing kids to talk much, but glad that all is well.
Just so you know, this blog will be resurrected when you get PREGNANT!