Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Finally!

Wedding Update!
Whoohooo.
Well, my stunningly beautiful dress came in. And I made the 1567 hour drive to Cincinnati to pick it up. (it was not a pleasant drive.) But, it was the right dress and it fit! Even better.
Other wonderful wedding news? I got my wedding shoes. How awesome are they?!

They are just the right amount of sassy, pointy, high heeled, toe-cleavage-y wonderfulness I was looking for. How cute will it be to see those little red tips sticking out of my gown! In the meantime, this is how they look with my jammies.
I'm quite hot to trot in my sweats and red high heels. The look is even better when I am in my workout capris and red high heels.

Other wedding news, we had out tasting yesterday. So we drove the 345 hours down to B-town to pick out the linens and taste everything. I had asked my florist to put together a sample centerpiece so I could see how they look with the linens. And the flowers were so pretty!!

If you can't tell, it is red roses, light pink roses around the edge, bright pink roses, bright and light ranaculus in the middle. With a leaf wrap around the stems. Pretty, no? I think I will ask her for a little less light pink and a little more bright pink. But still, I love them.

So for the linens on the guest tables, we chose black table cloths, black chair covers, white chair ties, white napkins and white table runners. The white table runners look awesome- it really made the flowers pop. I can't believe I forgot to get a picture of it. Oh well- trust me, it was beautiful. For the head table we will have white tablecloth, white chair covers, white chair ties, white napkins. No table runner because we will have 24 feet of solid red roses down the center of the table. Whohoo!

As for the food that will be on these beautiful tables...

During the cocktail hour (hour one of the SEVEN hours open bar), we will have red pepper hummus on pita chips, mini crab cakes, grilled shrimp skewers, and cheese for the hor derves. The salad will be served and will be endive with dried cherries and a balsamic vinaigrette. Dinner will be buffet style, with tilapia with a scampi sauce, chicken stuffed with spinach and cheese topped with a sun dried tomato sauce, a penne pasta with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese, and a prime rib carving station. The sides will be cubed roasted red potatoes and green beans. The cake will have fondant icing, and will have a layer of red velvet, a layer of cherry, a layer of white, and a layer of white with key lime filling. We will also have petit fours, chocolate dipped strawberries and truffles. YUM! And don't forget the seven hours of open bar.

And now I am going to drop off the planet earth again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. I am lovin' the red shoes. 24' of red roses !!! That will look so beautiful !!! Love me some prime rib.
Sounds like it will be spectacular.
7 hours of open bar??? Don't let me sit next to your mother in law lol, she might find out where you get your puking ability.

Finding Normal said...

Woooohooo! I love hearing the plans. Maybe Ang needs a babysitter? After dinner, of course!

Anonymous said...

those shoes are HOT! Lve them and the roses are beatuiful.
The food sounds fantastic can I come?!

Finding Normal said...

poke poke